Close

2001|Oxen Park

Oxen Park was established in the 15th or 16th century as one of the cattle farms belonging to Furness Abbey. More substantial dwellings were built in the late 17th century, including the original Black Lion pub (1697).

Media

© Rusland Horizons 2017 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Rusland Horizons was a Landscape Partnership funded by the National Heritage Lottery Fund until July 2019. It is now being delivered by The Rusland Horizons Trust Limited. Company No. 2133450; Charity No. 519410; Registered Office: Bleacott Farm, Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria LA11 6RZ.

Top