Close
(c) Visit Cumbria

2006|Newby Bridge

Newby Bridge and the weir mark the end of Windermere and the start of the River Leven. The bridge was named as 'New Bridge' on maps of 1577, and it replaced ford crossings by Lakeside and Fell Foot.

Media

© Rusland Horizons 2017 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Rusland Horizons was a Landscape Partnership funded by the National Heritage Lottery Fund until July 2019. It is now being delivered by The Rusland Horizons Trust Limited. Company No. 2133450; Charity No. 519410; Registered Office: Bleacott Farm, Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria LA11 6RZ.

Top