Close

2005|The Enclosure Wall

This wall is part of the original 1773 wall built to enclose and manage 300 acres of previously common land on Finsthwaite Heights. Gates were built in the wall to give access to villagers for cutting peat and firewood, via the network of ancient pathways.

Media

© Rusland Horizons 2017 - 2018. All rights reserved.
Rusland Horizons is a Landscape Partnership funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund

Top