Close

2011|Finsthwaite Church and School

Finsthwaite church was built in 1874 by Paley and Austin, as a 'mountain church'. Unusually the inside is highly decorated with painted plaster work. The school, built at the same time, is now a village hall. The hall still has an open fireplace where peat was used for heating. The school closed in the 1960s.

Media

© Rusland Horizons 2017 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Rusland Horizons was a Landscape Partnership funded by the National Heritage Lottery Fund until July 2019. It is now being delivered by The Rusland Horizons Trust Limited. Company No. 2133450; Charity No. 519410; Registered Office: Bleacott Farm, Witherslack, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria LA11 6RZ.

Top