Experienced coppicewoman Twiggy will teach you the skills required to create a range of small wooden household items including clothes pegs, spatulas and ‘gypsy roses’.
Materials: £5 for materials should be brought to the course and paid to the trainer on the day.
Courses are free if you are unemployed or in full time education (see below for terms and conditions.) You will still need to pay the materials cost.
Location: Moss & Height Spring Wood, Bouth LA12 8JF
• Take the A590 between Kendal and Barrow
• At Haverthwaite, just past the steam trains on the right, turn right onto Lanes End or just before Haverthwaite turn left if coming from Barrow direction
• After a third of a mile turn left at the T junction onto The Causeway
• Continue for about a mile to Bouth
• Turn right at The White Hart
• Continue for a third of a mile then take a sharp left to remain on the road (past a sign to Hay Bridge)
• After a further left, a right, and a left bend, look for the gate into the woodlands on the left
• Park on the road near the entrance. Parking is limited, but there are a few spaces further up the road.
Meet at the gate or follow your tutors signs
Age Limit: Courses are designed for 18years and over. If you are under 18, please contact us on email@example.com to discuss other opportunities.
Meal breaks: Please bring a packed lunch and a flask.
Weather: Please bring suitable warm, waterproof clothing and sturdy footwear.
It is your instructor's responsibility to ensure your safety. In the event of exceptionally poor or dangerous weather conditions the course may need to be cancelled.
Please note that we are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.
Please contact Rebecca firstname.lastname@example.org or your instructor if you have any questions.
Terms and Conditions
Course Fees - Concessions
Courses are free if you are unemployed or are in full time education. These discounts relate to course fees only, materials costs still apply. Money for materials should be brought to the course and given to the trainer directly on the day.
Applying for the Unemployment or Student Discount
If you want to apply for the unemployment, or student discount, please send us proof of your eligibility within seven days of your booking a course. You can send this to us via email to email@example.com or send via post to:
Sharon Callaghan, Rusland Horizons, LDNPA Southern Office, Saunderpot, Haverthwaite, LA12 8AB,
If you have not supplied proof within the required seven days, you will be charged the full amount for the course.
We can accept copies of the following documents:
Proof that you are receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
Letter on headed paper from your JobCentre Plus confirming your status
Certificate of student status provided by your university, college or school.
Letter on headed paper signed by your tutor, head tutor, dead of department or University / College administration staff member.
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us 30 days of the course start date that you are unable to attend.
We are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.