Calling all local (amateur*) photographers!
We are looking for the 12 best photos on a theme of 'A Rusland Landscape' to create a calendar for next year. The NEW deadline is 2nd October 2020, and each person can submit up to 3 photographs.
Please see below for rules and conditions of the competition:
RUSLAND HORIZONS TRUST LTD PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2020
Theme – A Rusland Landscape
The main rules:
- *This competition is open to anyone in the South Lakes/North Lancs area who is not a professional photographer.
- The theme of the competition is ‘A Rusland Landscape’ and there will be 12 winning entries, corresponding to months of the year. Photographs must have been taken in the Rusland Horizons area.
- Only digital photographs will be accepted. These must be submitted to email@example.com (Subject: Photography Competition) by 2nd October 2020. No more than 3 entries will be accepted per entrant. Entries must be accompanied by the entrant’s name and location of the photograph and image files must be between 1 MB and 5 MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number.
- The overall winner will receive a £30 voucher towards the cost of a Rusland Horizons training and skills course.
Conditions (small print):
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by submitting entries, the entrant grants a perpetual licence to Rusland Horizons Trust Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. In particular, the Trust will use entries to create a 2021 calendar which may be sold to raise income for the Trust.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- There will be 12 winning entries and these will be those that are judged (by an independent panel) to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winners will be announced in late October.
- Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Trust and accordingly the Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Trust as a result thereof.