The Rusland Horizons Photography Competition, returns for its third year, taking the theme 'All Creatures Great and Small'. Winning photographs will feature in the Rusland Horizons 2023 Calendar, so get out there with your camera now!
The main rules:
This Competition is open to all Members of the Trust and to anyone in the South Lakes/North Lancashire area who is not a professional photographer.
The theme of the competition is ‘All Creatures Great and Small’ and, although there will be only 1 winner, awarded pride of place on the cover, up to 12 further entries, corresponding to months of the year, will be selected for a 2023 Calendar. Photographs must have been taken in the Rusland Horizons area and the subject can be of any creature, from a delicate damselfly to a pedigree bull. Only digital photographs will be accepted.
These must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject field: Photographic Competition) by October 13th 2022. No more than 3 entries will be accepted per entrant. To be eligible, entries must be accompanied by the date and location of each photograph, and the entrant’s name, address and telephone number.
Image files can be any size but must be larger than 3 MB, in colour and in landscape format (about 4.3 ratio). (If the file can be saved in .png format, this will ensure minimal degradation in transfer).
The overall winner will receive a £30 voucher towards the cost of a Rusland Horizons training and skills course.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by submitting entries, the entrant grants a perpetual licence to The Rusland Horizons Trust Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. The Trust will use entries to create a 2023 calendar which may be distributed to raise income for the Trust.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- There will be only one winning entry and this will be the one that is judged (independently) to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. Up to 13 images will be chosen to be included in a 2023 Calendar.
- Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Trust and accordingly the Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Trust as a result thereof.
A copy of these rules for the Rusland Horizons Photograhy Competition can be downloaded below.