Location: Hay Bridge Nature Reserve, Bouth, Cumbria, LA12 8JG
Introductory one day course with experienced blacksmith Matt Whitaker. You will be able to forge your own simple object; maybe a coat hook or a poker with a barley twist or spiral.
Meal breaks: Please bring a packed lunch and a flask. Tea and Coffee will be available for breaks.
Postcode: LA12 8JG
Take the A590 between Kendal and Barrow
• If coming from Kendal direction, at Haverthwaite crossroads, just past the steam trains on the right, turn right onto Lane Ends.
• If coming from Barrow direction, turn left at Haverthwaite crossroads (the first left after the Rusland Pool Hotel)
• After a third of a mile turn left at the T junction, onto The Causeway
• Continue for about a mile into Bouth
• Turn right at The White Hart
• Continue for a third of a mile then take right fork signed to Hay Bridge and follow the road right to the end where there is a carpark on the left.
Please bring suitable warm, waterproof clothing and sturdy footwear.
It is your instructor's responsibility to ensure your safety. In the event of exceptionally poor or dangerous weather conditions the course may need to be cancelled. Please note that we are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.
Age Limit: courses are designed for 18years and over. If you are under 18, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other opportunities.
Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com or your instructor if you have any questions.
Concessions: Course Fees – Concessions we are not offering concessions this year but if you would like to attend and the cost is prohibitive please do contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can help.
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us 30 days of the course start date that you are unable to attend.
Please do let us know if you cannot make it, even up to the day of the event as we may be able to let someone else have the place. This can be done via the Eventbrite site or direct to Rebecca if near the start date.
We are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.