Location: Hay Bridge Nature Reserve, Bouth, Cumbria, LA12 8JG
Reprieved from the first year of courses this weekend of rustic chair making with James Mitchell was very popular and it is so satisfying to make such a useful and individual piece of furniture whether it is destined for pride of place in your living room or placed strategically to rest and enjoy your garden.
If you have little experience of green woodworking or you are an improver with some ideas you want to realise in wood James will guide you through the steps to make your very own creation.
Materials: £10 Materials cost to be brought to the course and paid to the trainer on the day.
Meal breaks: Please bring a packed lunch and a flask. Tea and Coffee will be available for breaks.
Directions: Postcode: LA12 8JG
Take the A590 between Kendal and Barrow
• If coming from Kendal direction, at Haverthwaite crossroads, just past the steam trains on the right, turn right onto Lane Ends.
• If coming from Barrow direction, turn left at Haverthwaite crossroads (the first left after the Rusland Pool Hotel)
• After a third of a mile turn left at the T junction, onto The Causeway
• Continue for about a mile into Bouth
• Turn right at The White Hart
• Continue for a third of a mile then take right fork signed to Hay Bridge and follow the road right to the end where there is a carpark on the left.
Please bring suitable warm, waterproof clothing and sturdy footwear.
It is your instructor's responsibility to ensure your safety. In the event of exceptionally poor or dangerous weather conditions the course may need to be cancelled. Please note that we are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.
Age Limit: courses are designed for 18years and over. If you are under 18, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other opportunities.
Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com or your instructor if you have any questions.
Terms and Conditions:
Course Fees – Concessions we are not offering concessions this year but if you would like to attend and the cost is prohibitive please do contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can help.
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us 30 days of the course start date that you are unable to attend.
We are unable to offer refunds for any part of a course altered at short notice because of the weather.